This year, the flu epidemic peak is at its highest level! Each year, 2.5 million people are affected by this viral, infectious and highly contagious disease. Knowing that it is possible to combat it naturally by using some essential oils.
Very contagious, the flu attacks the respiratory system and is accompanied by fever, chills, aches and headaches. We are repeating you everywhere to follow the same advices to minimize the risks of transmission, and yet the epidemic persists … Evidence that everyone does not follow! Here, you can find a short summary to help you in your daily basis.
Our anti-flu tips for your daily life:
- Wash your hands as much as possible
- Clean your face well all day
- Think about airing your living spaces: apartment / house, office, car
- Drink a lot to stay hydrated (elderberry teas, mint teas, hot water with honey, lemon or slices of ginger)
- Consume fruits and vegetables strong in vitamins C (blackcurrant, pressed orange juice, lemon peel, kiwi, etc.)
- Stay in bed and avoid contact with others if you have the virus
Effective essential oils in case of flu:
Essential Tea tree oil
It has antiviral, bactericidal and immunostimulatory properties. It lowers the fever because it is diaphoretic. It is an excellent remedy for sore throat.
Essential Ravintsara oil
It is antiviral, tonic, energizing, anti-infectious, antibacterial, anti-pain, antispasmodic, neurotonic, balancing and expectorant. It is recommended to release the respiratory tract, to strengthen the immune defenses and to fight tiredness.
Essential Lemon oil
This oil is widely used for its great benefits. It is preventive and curative against all viral or bacterial infections. It purifies the air and eliminates germs.
Essential Radished Eucalyptus oil
It is suitable for the treatment of respiratory, bronchial and nose problems. It helps to strengthen immune defenses and fight tiredness.
Essential Niaouli oil
It is an essential oil that stimulates immune defences and relieves viral infections. It has antiviral, anti-bacterial, anti-infectious, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic, decongestant venous and lymphatic, and febrifuge properties.
Remember to respect the doses indicated on the vials.
- Put 3 drops of Ravintsara oil on a sugar cube in a spoon of honey or olive oil
- Mix a drop of Radished eucalyptus oil with sweet almond oil. Apply inside your handles, behind your ears, on your neck and on your chest.
- In a diffuser, pour a few drops of cinnamon bark oil, orange and linalol thyme to purify the atmosphere.
Cover yourself, eat well and stay warm! The flu can be beaten!
You can read also: