It’s spring! We all want to go out and enjoy the good weather…but the pollen too! This year, spring began earlier, same with pollen allergies. For all people who face this problem, don’t worry, you’re not alone. 30 years ago, 5% of the population suffered from pollen allergy. Today 30% are concerned!
“Pollen is a fine yellowish powder that is transported from plant to plant by the wind, by birds, by insects or by other animals. The spread of pollen helps to fertilize plants — and can mean misery for seasonal allergy sufferers.”
What are the symptoms of this famous allergy we are so often talked about?
Allergic people can feel numerous symptoms: sneezing, nasal congestion, runny nose, watery eyes, itchy throat and eyes, wheezing…
What you shouldn’t do
- Avoid opening your windows for a long time during the pollination. We advise you to air your house when it is rainy weather outside.
- Avoid drying your laundry outside.
What you should do
- Begin your allergy treatment before you feel the first symptoms of allergy,
- You can install a pollen-screen on your windows,
- You can also install a pollen-screen in your car (but be careful, it is necessary to clean it often enough),
- If the weather is windy, you should wear sunglasses,
- If you went out during the time of pollination, you should rince your nose with a saline solution, change your clothes and wash your hair if possible,
- Wash your laundry once a week.
Think about essential oils!
Once again, you can thank the essential oils!
Especially the tarragon essential oil which has the power to ease your allergy and your itching.
Twice a day, just add 2 drops of tarragon essential oil to a spoonful of honey and let it melt in the mouth.
However, if you plan to take this treatment for several months, you must make a one-week break every 3 weeks.
Why not an anti-allergy herbal tea?
If you like herbal tea, you could also enjoy a relaxing moment which would help you ease your allergy! Maybe you have a prejudice against stinging nettle, and yet this plant has good benefits when you make it boil in water.
- Put 1 teaspoon of dried mint or one small handful of fresh chopped mint in a cup,
- Add 1 teaspoon of dried stinging nettle,
- Fill the cup with hot water,
- Let infuse for 15 minutes,
- Optional: You can add 1 teaspoon of honey and some lemon
You should drink this herbal tea twice/day.
You are now ready to face pollen and fully enjoy spring!